Stay In a Historic Victorian House on the Monterey Bay
Boca del Cielo Inn was opened in 2006 by owners Maria and Shahin Gutierrez after being inspired by the film Y Tu Mama Tambien. Boca del Cielo is the name of the heavenly Mexican beach, which was the elusive destination of the film’s wildly passionate characters, and translates to the “mouth of heaven." Monterey Bay's Northern coast, which Boca del Cielo Inn overlooks, captures this vision of a seaside paradise and is praised as one of the most beautiful locations on earth.
Monterey Bay’s Mediterranean climate attracts visitors from all over the world with its mild summers cooled by gentle ocean breezes. Nestled amidst fragrant hillside flowers, Boca del Cielo Inn is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Known for our family-style hospitality and hearty homemade breakfasts, you’re sure to find a treat for all of your senses!
All Rooms, Cottages & Studios Have Private Bathrooms.
We've done our best to retain the charm of our building's original Victorian architecture, and room furnishings include antique beds, armoires, cabinets, mirrors, and accessories. Several rooms on the second floor offer unique views of the historic Boardwalk, Cocoanut Grove, Municipal Wharf, and surrounding beach areas. Our convenient breakfast service prepares you for a day of sightseeing and adventure.
Click Each Image in Order to Enlarge
- Bay Side – Queen Bed. This is our only room with old fashion claw bathtub shower and a view to the wharf. Enjoy waking up to the sounds of the ocean. $165 + Tax
- Lighthouse – Two queen size Beds. Named for the quaint lighthouse at nearby Field State Beach. $165 + Tax
- Natural Bridges – Full sized bed. Named after the Natural Bridges Park, which is located just up the road. $155 + Tax
- Frida’s Garden Room – King size bed. Located on the first floor. $160 + Tax
- Patio Room – Queen Wall-Bed and full size bed. Located in the main house. $130 + Tax
- Pleasure Point Cottage – Full sized bed, a private courtyard entrance. Small but very relaxing. $130 + Tax
- Sunrise Cottage – Full Bed. This room is also located near our secluded courtyard. $130 + Tax
Note: To ensure your comfort, all rooms are equipped with electric heating.
Enjoy Mild California Weather ~ Visit Us All Year Round!
Many of our repeat guests love visiting us year round and in low season. Starting in September, the fall season brings some of the sunniest weather of the year, and there's always so much to do in Santa Cruz. Enjoy uncrowded beaches and your choice of events, including the antique faire, county fair, numerous festivals, art exhibits, wine tasting, and more.
A relatively warm rainy season begins in late November, so bring a small umbrella, just in case. Averaging nearly 300 sunny days per year, many winter days in Santa Cruz remain mild and sunny. This is a great season for visiting the Monterey Bay Aquarium, or shopping, dining, and enjoying the entertainment venues in Downtown Santa Cruz.
Reservations | Policies | Check-in Time | Parking | Pets
- Our inn is pet-friendly except we do not accept pets for those staying in the Bay Side Room. Those with feather or pet allergies are advised that we have several pets, including two adorable dogs and a macaw bird.
- We enthusiastically welcome families and ensure your total comfort.
- $10 additional charge per person for parties larger than four.
- 24-Hour Cancellation Policy | Check-in: 3pm | Check-out: 11:30am
- Parking permits provide free street parking in front of our property.
- Inquire regarding discounts for parents visiting UC Santa Cruz students.
"The couple that runs it are the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life! They have wonderful stories to tell and they know how to have a conversation." - Ruth