Stay In a Historic Victorian House on the Monterey Bay
Boca del Cielo Inn was opened in 2006 by owners Maria and Shahin Gutierrez after being inspired by the film Y Tu Mama Tambien. Boca del Cielo is the name of the heavenly Mexican beach, which was the elusive destination of the film’s wildly passionate characters, and translates to the “mouth of heaven." Monterey Bay's Northern coast, which Boca del Cielo Inn overlooks, captures this vision of a seaside paradise and is praised as one of the most beautiful locations on earth.
Monterey Bay’s Mediterranean climate attracts visitors from all over the world with its mild summers cooled by gentle ocean breezes. Nestled amidst fragrant hillside flowers, Boca del Cielo Inn is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Known for our family-style hospitality and hearty homemade breakfasts, you’re sure to find a treat for all of your senses!
All Rooms & Cottages Have Private Bathrooms
We've done our best to retain the charm of our building's original Victorian architecture, and room furnishings include antique beds, armoires, cabinets, mirrors, and accessories. Some rooms on the second floor offer unique views of the historic Boardwalk, Cocoanut Grove, Municipal Wharf, and surrounding beach areas. Our convenient breakfast service prepares you for a day of sightseeing and adventure!
Click Each Image in Order to Enlarge
- Bay Side – Queen-size bed. This room features a view to the wharf and an old-fashioned claw-and-ball foot bathtub and shower. Enjoy waking up to the sounds of the ocean. $230 + Tax
- Lighthouse – Two Queen-size beds. Named for the quaint lighthouse at nearby Field State Beach. $230 + Tax
- Natural Bridges – Full-sized bed. Named after the Natural Bridges Park, which is located just up the road. $180 + Tax
- Frida’s Garden Room – King-size bed. Located on the first floor. $200 + Tax
- Patio Room – Queen Wall-Bed and Full-size bed. Located in the main house. $180 + Tax
- Pleasure Point Cottage – Full-sized bed, a private courtyard entrance. Small, but very relaxing. $150 + Tax
- Sunrise Cottage – Full-size bed. Also located near our secluded courtyard. $165 + Tax
Higher Summer Season rate increases will be effective on approx. May 15, 2018 ~ please inquire for more information. All rooms equipped with electric heating to ensure your comfort.
Enjoy Mild California Weather ~ Visit Us All Year Round!
Our repeat guests enjoy visiting us year round and in low season. Starting in September, fall season brings some of the sunniest weather of the year, and there's always so much to do in Santa Cruz. Enjoy uncrowded beaches and your choice of events, including the antique faire, county fair, numerous festivals, art exhibits, wine tasting, and more.
A relatively warm rainy season begins in late November, so bring an umbrella, just in case! Averaging nearly 300 sunny days per year, many winter days in Santa Cruz remain mild and sunny. It's a great season for visiting the Monterey Bay Aquarium, or shopping, dining, and enjoying the entertainment venues in Downtown Santa Cruz.
Reservations | Policies | Check-in Time | Parking | Pets
- Our cozy Santa Cruz Bed & Breakfast Inn is pet-friendly, however, we do not accept pets in the Bay Side Room. Those with feather or pet allergies are advised that we have several pets, including two adorable dogs and a macaw bird.
- We enthusiastically welcome families and ensure your total comfort.
- $10 additional charge per person for parties larger than four.
- 24-Hour Cancellation Policy | Check-in: 3pm | Check-out: 11:30am
- Free parking permits provide street parking in front of our hotel, as available.
- Ask about discounts for parents visiting UC Santa Cruz students.